The credential or pilgrim passport is issued to pilgrims who, either on foot or by bicycle, intend to make a real pilgrimage along Saint Francis’ Walk from Rimini to the Sanctuary of La Verna and perhaps continue along Saint Francis’ Way to the Basilica of St Francis in Assisi or the Basilica of Santa Croce in Florence.
Those who request it, undertake to maintain behaviour befitting a true pilgrim.
The purpose of the credential is to:
- guarantee the authenticity of the pilgrimage;
- identify the pilgrim;
- favour access to facilities offering hospitality and services for pilgrims;
- make it possible to receive certification of the pilgrimage from the competent ecclesiastical authority.
Issuing of pilgrimage certificates
At the Sanctuary of La Verna, it is necessary to walk or cycle all the stages of Saint Francis’ Walk, starting from Rimini.
Pick up your credential at the following locations
- Cathedral - Via IV Novembre (Monday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)
Or at the Protocol Office of the Episcopal Curia - Via IV Novembre, 35 (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) PER IL MOMENTO QUESTO NON METTERLO. DEVO PARLARNE CON LA SEGRETERIA
- Tourist Information Office city centre / railway station - Piazzale C. Battisti, 1 (winter opening hours: Monday to Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
Guest quarters of the Sanctuary of La Verna
For those walking in the opposite direction - Every day from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.